5 OF MY FAVE THINGS
Well hello friends, Does anyone else find it hard to believe that February has already been and gone? It’s probably one of my favourite months, mainly because it takes us one small step closer to spring, the evenings get lighter and the days get warmer…(okay it was warm for approx. a week in Feb before we plummeted into positively arctic conditions, but you get what I’m trying to say) Anywhoo, for today’s post I thought I would do a little round up and share some of my favourite things from the last month. It’s a mixture of fashion, music and other random bits that I’ve been loving through February so I hope you enjoy!
- Music- at the beginning of the month we went to go see our friends Klae at Greendoor store in Brighton. I might be a little biased because the band is made up of people I love, but they really are dreamy. Their songs are addictive, atmospheric and layered with b-e-a-u-tiful vocals so I highly suggest you check them out! I’ve put the link to their debut single Fake below and for any Brightonians here, their next gig is at Sticky Mike’s on 21st March so I’ll see you there!image by @icmedia
- Puffa Jacket of dreams- It’s basically a duvet with arms and has been my go-to for keeping me warm in this freezing weather! I’ve had loads of questions about where I got it, so for those of you asking I found this in the sale from Pepe Jeans. It’s warm, has huge pockets inside and doesn’t make me look totally like the Michelin Man, so it’s been a big winner for me. It’s now sold out but Zara or Pull and Bear have some great alternatives here and here.
- Patty and Bun– You might have seen on my Instagram stories that we were invited to the press launch for the opening of the new Patty and Bun restaurant in Brighton. Friends of mine will know I am a big lover of burgers (I thoroughly believe they’re a great shout for any occasion) so I was so excited to get a chance to check out their menu before they opened! And I was not disappointed- juicy burgers, rosemary salt chips, cheeseballs, a never ending supply of cocktails and really cool vibez. I definitely plan to go back to try out some more- thanks for treating us Patty and Bun, we had a great night!
- Feeling extra in the mornings- With all of this miserable weather, I’ve been taking the ‘treat yo’self’ motto to the next level and adding a bit of luxury into my morning shower with the Imperial Leather Foambursts. It’s basically a shower gel that turns into an incredibly thick and creamy foam on the skin. They smell incredible but plus if I’m honest it’s just really fun to use! They come in a selection of fragrances and my favourite so far has to be Vanilla and Cherry Blossom. So if you’re like me and don’t have the luxury of a bath but still want to enjoy a pamper, then I’d recommend you try these out. It really is the little things that make you feel great isn’t it!
- Peaky Blinders– We’re quite late to the party on this one, but we started watching Peaky Blinders on Netflix and I am hooked! It’s dark, action packed, full of plot twists and although the haircuts are questionable-it takes the phrase ‘short back and sides’ to another level- it’s been a great series to binge watch this month. And who knew Cillian Murphy could make a brummy accent sound so good?!